Professional Liability Insurance for Vancouver New Media Professionals
Get a Quote Online In Minutes!Start Quote
Whether you’re a photographer, graphic designer or brand consultant in Vancouver, if a client is dissatisfied with the work you’ve done, they can sue you for causing them financial loss. Luckily, professional liability insurance helps protect new media professionals in Vancouver.
At EasyCover, we make getting great coverage easy. We offer online quotes for new media professional liability insurance in Vancouver. If you’re happy with the protection and rates, you can easily purchase a policy online in only a few minutes. We understand you’re busy – that’s why we make it easy to protect yourself and your business.
How much does professional liability insurance cost for new media specialists in Vancouver?
The price for new media professional liability insurance in Vancouver varies depending on the individual business. Your rates depend on:
- The number of contracts you have
- Your annual revenue
- How many employees you have (if any)
- Which province(s) you operate in
- Your insurance history
- The coverage and limits you choose
See below examples for an indication of what a new media professional might pay for their professional liability insurance in Vancouver:
- A graphic designer sole proprietor may pay $440 per year for basic professional liability insurance if they earn $90,000 per year.
- A website design company with 5 employees earning between $400-500,000 per year will pay $1360 per year for basic professional liability insurance; cyber and commercial general liability insurance will cost an extra $400 per year.
New Media Specialties EasyCover Insures
EasyCover insures a wide range of digital and new media specialists, including:
- Advertising consultants
- Brand consultants
- Copy or content writers
- Event planners/coordinators
- Graphic designers
- Interior designers
- Marketing consultant
- Market researchers
- Media buyers
- Public relations specialists
- Website designers
EasyCover can insure sole proprietors and businesses with up to 5 employees. If your profession is not listed above, contact us and we’d be happy to discuss your situation further or refer you to a trusted industry partner.
Professional Liability Insurance Coverage for Vancouver New Media Specialists
Digital media specialists need to meet deadlines and expectations set by clients. A client may decide to sue you if they feel you have caused them financial loss as a result of your work. Professional liability insurance helps cover your legal expenses if a third party sues you for causing them financial loss arising from your professional service or advice.
EasyCover offers three coverage limits: $1 million, $2 million and $5 million. This is the maximum amount your policy will pay out over the 12-month term, irrespective of the number of claims you have made.
Our policies may include retroactive cover, which means you may be covered for claims made during the policy period for incidents that occurred before your policy start date. You will be asked to disclose any potential claims.
Additional Liability Insurance Options for Vancouver New Media Professionals
EasyCover offers additional liability protection for new media and digital professionals in Vancouver, including :
- Commercial general liability – helps cover legal expenses if you’re sued for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party due to negligent acts. For example, if someone slips and falls while visiting your office.
- Cyber liability – helps cover expenses if you’re the victim of a cyberattack or data breach.
- Directors and officers liability insurance – if a director or officer is held personally liable for a negligent wrongful act, this coverage helps with legal expenses.
We recommend all new media professionals in Vancouver carry commercial general liability and cyber liability in addition to professional liability insurance. These are all common exposures for all businesses regardless of industry or size and a single lawsuit can be financially devastating.
Examples of claims for new media professionals:
A client can make a claim of financial loss regardless of its validity. Here are some examples of claims that a new media specialist in Vancouver may face:
- If you have developed an e-commerce website for a client but a tool on the website is broken. The website is launched and customers are unable to make purchases. The client sues you for the lost revenue.
- You write web copy for a client and accidentally imbed incorrect information. The client sues you for alleged lost business as a result of your error.
- As a designer, your logo design is accidentally similar to another company’s logo. The client sues you for the cost of a redesign and reputational damage.
Why Choose EasyCover?
EasyCover is the online insurance platform of choice for new media professionals in Vancouver. Why? We make it easy to get good coverage. It’s online, convenient and we offer competitive rates. Get a professional liability insurance quote for your Vancouver new media business today!
Protect yourself against the unexpected.
Protect yourself against the unexpected with Professional Liability Insurance for Vancouver New Media Specialists from EasyCover.Start Quote