Professional Liability Insurance for Vancouver Social Service Professionals
Get a Quote Online In Minutes!Start Quote
Due to the sensitive nature of the service they provide, social workers and social service professionals could unexpectedly find themselves in a lawsuit. Professional liability insurance protects social service professionals in Vancouver if they’re sued for causing financial loss due to their negligent service or advice.
Get a quote online with EasyCover today or read on to learn more about this coverage.
Social Service Professionals Insured by EasyCover in Vancouver
EasyCover can insure social services businesses with 1-2 employees, including those specializing in:
- Adult care
- Care managers
- Children and family
- Drug and alcohol
- Mental health
- Occupational therapy
- Youth offender
If your specific area of social services is not listed here, please contact us. We can discuss your options or refer you to a trusted industry partner.
What does professional liability insurance cover for social services in Vancouver?
Professional liability insurance covers legal expenses if you are sued for causing financial loss to a third party as a result of your professional service or advice. We offer three levels of coverage: $1 million, $2 million and $5 million. This is the maximum amount of coverage that will be paid out over a 12-month period.
The amount of coverage depends on your individual business. Consider the likelihood of a lawsuit, the average cost of a lawsuit in your industry, and the value of your contracts. Our policies may include retroactive cover, which includes claims brought during the policy period arising from incidents that occurred prior to the start date of the policy. Please note you will have to disclose any potential claims.
Claims scenarios for Social Services Professionals
You could be sued as a social service professional for real or perceived errors, no matter your years of experience or good intentions. Here are a few claim scenarios:
- A complaint is filed against your organization for negligence in providing a service to a client.
- You made an administrative error on a past client’s documents to their health insurer and they hold you liable for the resulting financial losses.
Other Liability Insurance Options for Vancouver Social Service Professionals
We offer additional coverages for social service professionals in Vancouver:
- Commercial general liability – covers legal expenses if you’re sued for negligent acts causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party. For example, if someone slips and falls while at your office.
- Cyber liability – covers expenses related to recovery from a data breach or cyberattack. As a social service professional, you likely deal with personal client information and are vulnerable to this risk. This coverage can help with regulatory fines, extortion fees, legal expenses, loss of digital assets and more.
- Directors and officers liability insurance – if a director or officer is held personally liable for a negligent wrongful act, this coverage can help with legal expenses.
We strongly recommend all social service professionals in Vancouver carry cyber liability and commercial general liability insurance in addition to professional liability insurance.
How much does social services professional liability insurance cost in Vancouver?
The following factors are used to determine the cost of professional liability insurance for social service professionals in Vancouver:
- The number of clients you have
- Your annual revenue
- How many employees you have
- Your insurance history
- Your coverage limits
As an example, see the figures below for what a professional might pay for their insurance:
- A single occupational therapist earning $80,000 a year will pay around $810 per year for our basic package of professional liability, commercial general liability and cyber liability insurance.
- A care manager earning $60,000 per year will pay around $450 per year for basic professional liability insurance. An extra $370 per year will get them basic cyber and CGL coverage.
Why should social service providers in Vancouver get professional liability insurance?
There are a few reasons social service professionals should have professional liability insurance in Vancouver:
- You’re required to hold coverage by your governing or regulatory body.
- Your contract requires you to have this insurance.
- Lawsuits are expensive.
Professional liability insurance helps reduce the financial burden if you’re sued for causing financial loss. These costs can be devastating if you’re uninsured.
Why Choose EasyCover?
EasyCover is the first choice for social services professional liability insurance in Vancouver. We deliver great protection at competitive rates and make it incredibly easy to get the coverage you need. Get a professional liability insurance quote online today!
All that we ask from you is to answer a few questions about who you are and what you do, including:
- Physical location and where you operate
- Your day-to-day operations
- Contact information
- Number of employees
- Insurance history
- Coverage options
EasyCover wants to help you protect your business. That’s why we make it simple to get comprehensive coverage at an affordable price.
Protect yourself against the unexpected.
Protect yourself against the unexpected with Professional Liability Insurance for Vancouver Social Service providers from EasyCover.Start Quote